Sometimes we talk about who is the best fighter. I suppose that if you had a tournament in which every person in the world participated, you could come up with a person deserving of this title (at least until the next tournament). But even the best fighter will have to be careful because:
- A lesser fighter could catch him by surprise.
- A lesser fighter might be armed.
- Even the #1 fighter in the world probably cannot defeat the #10 and #11 combined.
- Even a lesser fighter might get lucky.
- The best fighter could become permanently injured.
- The best fighter might suffer a heart attack or stroke (especially as he gets older).
One on one in a fair fight, the better fighter will defeat a lesser one... probably. In Karate, we never count on a one on one conflict or a fair fight.
Charles C. Goodin